Big Picture Benefits
- - Already have data written up on your word processor? Import it into Compix and watch pages build themselves, organized and ready for anything.
- - Use a professional broadcast quality CG, not consumer software, for graphic creation and playback. Your audience will notice the difference.
- - Last minute changes on multiple pages are a breeze with Compix. Fluidly edit pages on the fly with just a few clicks.
- - Have Compix linked to your intranet website for company news and events. When your website updates, Compix updates as well.
- - Tired of using a mouse when playing your pages? With Compix, play your pages directly from your numeric keypad, individually or in sequence, without once touching your mouse.
Pro Tips from Compix Experts
- Importing data into your Compix system speeds up graphic creation.
- If you have a rundown of titles for your event, you can import them into Compix GenCG software and automatically populate your entire Play List within seconds. Our GenCG software is designed to import text files while using a graphic of your choosing as a background for all created pages. Simply place the graphic on the first page and adjust the vertical and horizontal margins. As the text is imported, the data will stay within the margins and create multiple new pages with the same graphic until the data ends. If you would like to control how the text is imported, don't fret. We have formed simple commands that GenCG reads to create new pages at your will, forcing just the right text on each page. After your data is imported, you can easily edit text color, size, and other attributes on all pages simultaneously with the Match Attributes option. The Duplicate Objects feature allows you to place multiple objects across a selected number of pages, so if you forgot to incorporate your logo, you can easily add it on every page. If you have a prebuilt template and text data, simply import them into GenCG and you're ready to go live in just a few seconds.
- System of choice: ConverG1 HD
- Using a broadcast quality CG is really a no-brainer.
- The logic behind Compix lies on the linear structure of our applications. From the ground up, they are built with the knowledge that you would be both creating and playing out your graphics. Because of this, we make sure there are numerous ways to create and play graphics as everyone has their own preference and method of accomplishing the same task.
- The playing aspect of our software is what really sets Compix CGs apart from other non-linear applications. Playing your pages in the Compix system is extremely simple and we give you many options to make viewing your page sequence easier. If you don't like to scroll through your pages inside the Play List, pull up the Page Window where you will see all pages inside a standard, adjustable window. If you have a second monitor, you can drag the window over and use it for live output. In addition, we have a feature called View Text that generates a text document with all data from each page separated by page number. Print this out before your production begins and pass it to your crew. Now everyone has the same page order to work with. If you would like to enlarge your Play List window or the Preview and Program windows, Compix gives you three sizes to choose from: small, medium, and large. It really doesn't matter how large your VGA monitor is, just set the Page List window to large, sit back, and relax. If you would like to Preview your pages, Compix gives you a couple options. As with all dual channel systems, you can actually use one channel for Preview. However if that route is a bit extreme, we also give you an adjustable Preview window inside the Compix software itself.
- Compix excels when it comes to playing your graphics. You can use the numeric keypad or mouse, even go from one page to the next without a single keystroke. Just press the Play button, Enter key, or click on your page and let Compix do the rest.
- System of choice: CynerG2 HD